Old 28-07-2005, 06:52 AM
George

"Carl Beyer" wrote in message
I have put up some pictures of the cat after capturing it.

I apologize for the net. I was quite unaware at how big it had become.

Also, the pictures have a bit of a blur. Looked crisp in the viewer...

Also the pictures are big. If you do not have DSL you may not want to
click on the pictures (2 megs each).

So, the catfish has changed its top color and I do not know why. When I
had him in the net it did not look like a fungus, or a growth. It
looked like pigment color change. Do they do this? It does not appear
to be suffering. Eating well, swimming strong... Hanging at the bottom
as usual under a rock until food becomes available.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Will test the water tomorrow..

Pictures are at

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com/catfish/catfish

Thanks

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com

It's probably nothing to worry about. Some catfish become darker in color
as they age, especially on the dorsal side of the body. As long as is
appears to be otherwise healthy, and doesn't exhibit symptoms of illness, I
would not worry about it.