Old 28-07-2005, 12:49 PM
Victor Martinez

Linda wrote:
Thanks a lot, Victor, for the nice reply. So I'm in Zone 8. Good. As
for the elevation, that link did not work for me. Caught your line

Well, link listed the elevation of the airport, which is 809ft.

about putting the tuberoses in the ground in lots of sun. Hmmm. Do
they like dry feet, wet feet, or just water when I get around to it? Do

Soil with good drainage, deep waterings every 5 days or so if it doesn't
rain.

they stay in the ground year-around or do I dig them & store over
"winter"? Are they considered "fragile" or hearty? Some things act
like I have a green thumb - others frown at my black thumb ;-)

They are perennials here, so you can leave them in the ground and
they'll come back. They do freeze to the ground, which is a good time to
mulch.

If I can continue posting in your group, I will elaborate on the
differences between Oregon and Texas later.

I don't see why you wouldn't post here, our weathers are very similar
(Austin does get a bit colder in winter). However, you'll only get our
scorn if you start pointing out that you can have a moss garden with
beautiful japanese maples in Oregon. ;-)

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he