Old 28-07-2005, 09:04 PM
David D.

Thanks, Will.

I guess you get what you pay for (in terms of time and effort, that is).

I'll mix up some of my Schultz Bloom and use the watering can.

- David

"Will Renkel" wrote in message
Tab writes:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 20:34:42 -0400, "David D."
wrote:

Where can I find slow-release fertilizer pellets specifically for

flowering
plants?

I have some pellets for acid-loving plants (which I use for my azaleas

and
hydrangia), and some for roses, but I cannot find any for general

flowing
plants.

I have begonias, petunias, hibiscus, lilies, sunflowers, butterfly

bush, and
others.

What type of balance do hibiscus need? Do they like acid or basic

soil?

- David

David,

I have a box of Scotts Blossom Booster (18-22-8) that I bought 3
years ago. It works well for me. It's a granular prodct that you
sprinkle on the soil and scratch in. Claims it feeds for up to 2 full
months.
I bought it at Walmart I believe. Of course, Walmart never continues
to carry anything I like. My box is getting low and I haven't seen it
recently in the garden centers either, but I'm still looking.
FWIW...

--

Tab

Grandpa of Brittany Jade
born September 12, 2003

I tried miracle grow shaker this year,
AND IT SUCKS!
My flowers never looked so bad.
I went back to bi-weekly feeding of regular miracle grow and WOW!
Things are almost normal again!
Lost 1 month of growth time.

Will Renkel
Wheaton, Ill.