Old 24-11-2002, 03:04 PM
dave @ stejonda

Default using an angle-grinder to cut down live Leylandii

In message , DaveDay34
writes

Hope this helps, though I understand the offending trees have now been
removed by mechanical means. Best thing that could have happened to
them.

Thanks Dave - no, you misread something. I've reduced the trees to ~7ft
and banged Cu nails into as many of the upward facing trunks/branches
over 1/2" diameter as I could. The larger trunks have had up to 5 nails
banged vertically into the living tissue around the edge.

Now it's just a case of waiting to see what the new tenants do and, if
they do nothing as I rather expect, whether the copper will deter the
trees from starting their upward march again.

--
dave @ stejonda

calculate your ecological footprint http://www.lead.org/leadnet/footprint/