Old 28-07-2005, 06:01 PM
vsop

Since you know absolutely nothing about my lifetime, that's just
another example of you not having a clue what you're on about.

Janet.

..........Me thinks otherwise.....I may have left England a number of
years
ago but have remained a reader of your newspapers over the years and now
that Drudge Report so conveniently allows me to read the London Times,
the
Telegraph and the Guardian each morning I do think I have a clue as to
what
is going on in England...

But not what I am doing. Since my activities and travels are not
national news, you won't have gleaned any press information to support
your claim that you have travelled more widely in England or seen more
of it than I have.

I have restored your post, to remind you what your hot air boast was
about.

Janet

For Gods sake woman get a grip !
Your anti-English, anti-America vitriol is oozing from every post. Harold
has not made a single insulting criticism against Britain or anything
British in any of his postings, he's merely made some nostalgic comments and
observations......which I, being a septuagenarian, working class and poor,
find valid and generally true. As an outside observer, as an ex-pat and as a
frequent visitor he is well qualified to make comment on his mother
country.
Stop being so bloody pedantic, utterly trite and downright nit-picking
antagonistic.
And that some Americans should have the brass-necked gall and impertinence
to actually speak to you in a train.... in Glasgow yet ! God preserve
us !