Old 28-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:
The message
from "BAC" contains these words:
"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

I hope they won't. Back in the good old days in 1950's industrial
Lancashire winters were blighted with thick filthy smog.

But, looking on the bright side, there was very little black spot on the
roses in urban gardens in those days :-)

But on the downside, roses in urban gardens were usually garish
HTs(sticks for half the year) and mildewed ramblers. :-(

Hum, while we had a lovely pink mildewed rambler, inherited HTs, we also
had a bed of Poulsen polyanthas which were a gift from the grower - his
daughter trained as a physioterrorist with my mother.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/