Old 28-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Chris Hogg

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:20:41 +0000, and-rea
wrote:

JohnOGroats Wrote:
They are probably springtails - have you overwatered the plant? I had
same problem with a potted palm - Jeyes Fluid cured the problem

Possibly - although these seem to crawl rather than leaping around (as
I've just been reading springtails do). I may be guilty of
overwatering, and there would certainly be decaying vegetation in the
soil as the plant looked dead a few months ago until a tiny green shoot
appeared amongst the ruins.
I'll try letting it dry out and then watering it with Jeyes Fluid. Do
you use that straight up?

Jeyes Fluid wouldn't be my choice, not unless you want your house
smelling of lavatory cleaner for weeks. You could try plain soapy
water, (washing-up-water strength) as it's remarkably effective
against many common plant pests, or failing that, get a traditional
chemical insect poison from your local garden centre. Or just live
with them.

--
Chris