Old 29-07-2005, 02:02 AM
Graley

In article ,
"Stephen Oakes" wrote:

"Basil Chupin" wrote...
I have moss in a shady part of the lawn (in winter only). I have used

Moss is formed when the soil is too acid - hence the advice from the
nursery to use lime.

Why would you want to get rid of moss?

I had some on my lawn once and it was really nice! I did my best to
maintain it.
--
Stephen Oakes

Appearnce I guess. And I had planted a super couch that willl survive in
shade, And it went well, until this years wet wet winter. Then the super
grass succumbed, and I have a strip of moss ridden lawn along side a
lush area. I guess I am pedantic. My wife says "It's green isn't it?'

Thanks for that info re alkalinity. Will persist with that.