Old 28-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Elaine T

gf225 wrote:
Is Maracyn available in the UK - I assume vets may stock it?

Just in case BGA rears its ugly head. I may be paranoid but I think I
can see a little creeping up from the bottom of my substrate, visible
from the front glass. I've heard that Maracyn is great at treating it,
I thought of crushing a couple of tablets and actually pushing the bits
into the substrate.

Maracyn One (erythromycin) is also great at killing off nitrifying
bacteria, especially when left in the tank for long periods of time.
I'd suggest you control BGA by balancing fertilizers better. It tends
to grow in tanks that are low on nitrate.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__