Old 28-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Jennifer

Boliath wrote:
Suzy O wrote:

Mostly thought, I would suggest it's futile to punish the animal for it's
owner's irresponsibility. It may feel good in the short run, but if the
neighboring cat owner is truly blind to the rights of others -- purposely or
not -- they'll miss the point entirely and just go out and replace kitty #1
with another.

What on earth! What rights is the cat infringing on? Why is the
neighbour being irresponsible? I assumed the original post was a troll
and disregarded it but your response doesn't seem to be in jest.

Not keeping your pets off of other peoples' property is irresponsible
pet ownership. If you feel your cat needs to experience the outdoors
to be happy, then an outdoor enclosure is safest for your cat, best for
the local songbirds, and most respectful of your neighbors.

--
Jennifer