Old 29-07-2005, 02:07 AM
J Fortuna

"V_coerulea" wrote in message
. ..
snip
Everyone on this list, if being truthful, would admit to
killing plants from over or under watering at least until they mastered
their mix. Then you kill fewer.
Gary

Gary,

Hurumph! I resent the implication that I am not being truthful. I honestly
have not killed a single orchid yet in four years of growing them.

Now I will admit that I have come close: one of my orchids has only one leaf
left (but it seems to have stabilized, and it has been growing lots of
healthy roots, so there is hope for it), another two orchids were down to
two leaves or so (but now both have grown a couple of new leaves and are
recovering), and the only Oncidium-like orchid (Burgerea Nelly Isler 'Swiss
Beauty") that I have is getting worse and I suspect that it's due to the
heat in the apartment (in the interest of full disclosure, if it continues
down the path that it has been going down on, it may well become my first
orchid-kill someday).

But none of these orchids are dead yet, and several others have recovered
nicely. Since I have a total of 43 orchids, having only 4 that are in any
danger of dying is quite good I would think.

Sorry, I had to brag ... err ... I had to defend myself in face of the
accusation that I am not truthful. I am.

Joanna