Old 29-07-2005, 01:14 AM
Priscilla McCullough

Jan, my water is very soft. We have a water softener/purification outside
that all our liners goes through.
I will go into town tomorrow and see about getting a KH test.
I have two rolls of washable filter media in the settlement pond. Its
Coarse, 1.5" thickness, 28" x 7 yds.
I feed twice a day, once in morning once in evening.
Usually at evening I give them frozen watermelon and peas/shrimp. Its been
really hot here.
The hyacinths hasn't done well this year, but the lettuce is. Albeit they
have brunt edges since its been near 100 or 100 the past month.
I haven't done any water changes except when I drained the settlement
chamber twice since March.
We have afternoon showers about once a week, then I add some water if pond
starts getting low from evaporation.
Thanks for trying to help.
Priss
"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:11:37 -0400, "Priscilla McCullough"
wrote:

Nitrite is 0.
PH is 7.5
I just cleaned my settlement and filters out 2 weeks ago.
I've cleaned them twice since March.
I can't find Aquazyme here.
I have rode all over looking for it.
I know the guy at the pond store said my holds about 9,000 gals of water.

Even if you had a nitrAte kit, you would rarely get a reading from a
hobbyist's type test, not with green water.

I'd like to know what your KH is, I'm wondering if your water is so soft
it
is why the algae is flourishing? This can also make the filter bacteria
not
work at optimum.

What kind of filter media and how much?

How often and how much do you feed the fish?

Are the water hyacinths growing and multiplying, dark green?

How often and how much water change outs do you do? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a