Old 29-07-2005, 02:52 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Jan, my water is very soft. We have a water softener/purification outside
that all our liners goes through.
I will go into town tomorrow and see about getting a KH test.
I have two rolls of washable filter media in the settlement pond. Its
Coarse, 1.5" thickness, 28" x 7 yds.
I feed twice a day, once in morning once in evening.
Usually at evening I give them frozen watermelon and peas/shrimp. Its been
really hot here.
The hyacinths hasn't done well this year, but the lettuce is. Albeit they
have brunt edges since its been near 100 or 100 the past month.
I haven't done any water changes except when I drained the settlement
chamber twice since March.
We have afternoon showers about once a week, then I add some water if pond
starts getting low from evaporation.
Thanks for trying to help.
Priss

That KH number will help a lot.

I do know when others have posted, in the past, that they have hose water
that goes thru a water softener, they've been told to by-pass it if
possible. Those doing the telling were more expert in water chemistry than
I.

Do you know why your outside water goes thru this purification/softener
system? I'm really thinking this may be your problem. Because otherwise, it
sure sounds like you're doing everything right (except water changes which
doesn't matter currently considering the water source). If there is no way
to by-pass you will need a KH test and we can tell you how much BS to add,
etc. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~