Old 28-07-2005, 10:40 PM
Sacha

On 28/7/05 17:35, in article ,
"Pam Moore" wrote:

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:11:50 +0100, "Rob" wrote:

I have a plant I want a bit of help with, i am not sure what its called
either, there is obviously something wrong with it, any ideas appreciated

The link below takes you to a 2mb image, so be patient lol

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pic...b/DSC00154.JPG

It looks to me like Ecium pininana, in its first year. Where are you?
It is not hardy in most parts of UK.
http://seeds.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/product/6227/1
The problem looks like scorch from recent hot sun.

Echiums like sun - the ones in Tresco grow wild all over the island, very
exposed to sun, salt, fresh air and only the water nature sends them. I
wonder if it's E. piniana or one of the shrubby ones - whose names I can't
remember at the moment, E. candicans and E. fastuosum, I think!
Its location would be interesting. Perhaps it has some scorch from watering
it in hot sunshine or just too much water, generally?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk