Old 29-07-2005, 01:02 PM
Ed Clarke

On 2005-07-29, Doug Kanter wrote:
"paghat" wrote in message
news

Notice of Patent Entitlement
The U.S. Patent Office has assigned Gaura lindheimeri 'Crimson
Butterflies' the Patent Number 13189. The Patented product,or the
packaging or labeling for the product,when the product itself cannot be
marked,must be marked with the patent number. A marking such as " U.S.
Patent No. PP13189 " or " Pat. PP13189 " is deemed as an adequate notice.

Currently your firm's name does not show on any of our licensed growers
customer lists. If you are propagating your own liners you are in
contravention of the laws. Please contact our office if you feel you are
in contravention of the law.

You can't tell a garden blog from a nursery? You can't take a good review
without getting your pants up your crack? Next time you feel like
harranguing your betters, upturn some cowflops & harrangue whatever you
find under those.

I get the feeling you were spotted by a robot, not a human being reading
your review.

No, the thing that's probably got his/her knickers in a twist is the
paragraph on propagation methods for this particular variety. It's
possibly illegal to root cuttings from a patented plant, even if you're
doing it for yourself. Note: I'm not a lawyer and only remember this as
an example of a stupid law.

It doesn't say Paghat has propagated anything on her website, just gives
a generic method for cuttings and warns that seeds from this variety
will not breed true.

--
This signature left blank.