Old 29-07-2005, 02:11 PM
Harold Walker

Ayup mi Duck.....if your brew is only 50 times better than my last (and
final) attempt at Rhubarb wine, then I would rather be locked in a
compartment alone with THAT woman on the Glasgow to Capetown slooow train,
thanks very much !
Mine was so bad it was classed as a WMD by Princess Bliar. Ideal for
cleaning the patio or for a DIY vasectomy though.
No.....real ale or scotch, or nowt !

Visited Taddy Ales Brewery a few years back and got a super recipe for
GROWING and using rhubarb from the head brewmaster who used to make his own
'strong stuff'...now this is truly a gardening subject...up to now that
is......got me an 80 gallon used wine barrel and brewed me a batch of
wine...put to use a 5 gallon pressure cooker....attached a 75 ft. length of
copper tubing and on to the gas burner it went....pretty soon the fan cooled
coiled tubing was dripping out what was to become some very drinkable
spirits....all told, after double distilling and adding a bottle of port
wine landed up filling a 10 gallon charred oak barrel with 150 proof
stuff...(no, I did not drink neat....added enough ice to bring down to the
100 or so mark)...believe me it was good ...so good in fact I decided to
give the pressure cooker away...it was decidely in my best interests.