Old 29-07-2005, 07:41 PM
John Cuthbertson

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:54:13 -0700, KStringer wrote:

I appreciate the information. I think I should rephrase my question
though. I'm looking for a 24" hood that can accomodate 3 or 4 separate
20-24" compact flourescent bulbs. My first problem is trying to find a
hood that does the job. I went to the pet store today and the 24" hoods
that they sell only have one 15 watt bulb in them, which is not even
remotely close to how much light I'm going to need for a tank as big as
mine. The second problem I have is trying to find bulbs that are 50
watts each in the size(s) that I'm looking for and will provide the
right spectrum of light. I'm shooting for 300-350 watts total between
two 24" hoods on the tank. Hopefully that clarifies the problem a
little better. I can't seem to find anywhere that sells anything like
what I'm looking for so far.

Hi there,

Check out www.hellolights.com. I've only seen 24 inch hoods that hold 2
bulbs max. But if the tank is wide enough you could do 2 of them. You
could do a DIY hood with 3 or 4 96w CF.

John Cuthbertson