Old 29-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Doug Kanter

"drumbago" wrote in message
I have a pair of squirrels living nearby in a large tree. They've pillaged
through my Avocado trees, Macadamia Nut Tree, and my Olive tree, leaving a
trail of broken nut shells all over the place. This is a daily remninder
that I am not in control of my yard. Is there a way to get rid of them?

I have only 10 more macadamia nuts left and they're not even ripe yet, I
want to be able to try at least just one when they ripen. HELP!!

Trap them in a Havahart trap (using peanut butter on crackers as bait). Take
them far away and release them. Other squirrels will move into the area, but
maybe this will buy you enough time for the nuts to mature.

I'd suggest wrapping the tree in pest netting, but that might be quite a
chore for nothing. The stuff does a nice job keeping birds away from fruit,
but squirrels are more determined, and might chew a hole in the netting.