Old 29-07-2005, 06:01 PM
Harold Walker

A number of postings suggested I was not qualified re England of
today......seems as though others appear to be qualified re USA of
today....wonder why the difference....

No difference whatsoever. Other than that most posters on this group are
unable to recognise or take issue with misconceptions about the USA, so
it's
perhaps easier to get away with them here.

when I first came to the USA there was a tremendous difference in the living
standards re USA v England....that is when the USA was living of the fat of
the land overcharging the world for its goods as other nations were still
catching up from the ravages of war whereas the USA had been able to build
up a tremendous industrial capacity the likes of which was pure
amazement.....in my recent visit I could not tell any difference in quality
of living...England has done one hell of a job in catching up and in some
areas surpassing and would have done even better had it not been for the
'brain drain'.....back then I hardly ever saw an English person on these
shores except for immigrants and now they are like flies around
horsemanure.....we surely can use your money after the Bush spending spree
in Iraq and other places.