Old 29-07-2005, 09:55 PM
Himanshu

Default Mulching - grass clumps on the lawn

I'm in the north-east US with a grass mix of Bluegrass/Fescue/Ryegrass,
although right now it includes weeds and another kind of light-green,
wider-blade grass which has taken over major parts of the lawn.

Anyway, my question is about mulching - I usually wait atleast 2 days
after rain to mow, and I usually mow late afternoon/early evening, and
I'm mowing high, once a week.

My lawn mower or riding mower get clogged up with the mulched grass
clippings. So much so that sometimes I have to stop and clear the
blades of clumps. These then end up on the lawn and cover parts of the
lawn, which left alone would probably kill the grass under that spot.

So what I'm doing is running the rake through these clumps after mowing,
but I'm thinking either I'm not doing something right, or there has to
be a better way of dealing with this...suggestions?

--
Himanshu