Old 30-07-2005, 02:45 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 02:46:53 GMT, " George" wrote:
I have no idea what makes you say that you can't get a reading
with a regular nitrate kit, Jan. They've been standardized for many years.

American Pharmaceuticals, and the reason I say that is because the other
KHA in the club said his Nitrate kit wasn't working (his pond was green). I
asked if I could have it to test on my aquariums (which always have a
reading nitrate). Kit worked on those just fine.

It's a 9,000 gallon pond. She should rarely, if ever, have to do water
changes. Additions, yes. Changes, only if there is something dreadfully
wrong.

Sorry George, you're dreadfully wrong. Go read Norm Meck's article:
http://www.vcnet.com/koi_net/finalnet.html#waterchange regarding that. If
you don't believe him, then we'll agree to disagree, but I've taken the Koi
Health Advisor training thru AKCA, have you? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~