Old 29-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Mike Lyle

Mike wrote:
[Do quote properly, Mike. Janet wrote:]
P&O forced to cancel Aurora voyage
Thursday, 20 Jan 2005 14:02

[...]

That was the bad news the press loved to print, as they say, 'Bad
News makes news'

and since then?

Belgium

[...etc,
etc...]http://www.pocruises.co.uk/ships/purplefinder/home.htm

Nothing gone wrong and nothing from the press :-))

Don't you just love people who only dig the dirt?

Next please.

:-))))))))))))))

Waiting.

I know, I know. So let's try these headlines:

NOBODY KILLED -- OFFICIAL.
SHIP REACHES PORT WITHOUT INCIDENT.
60,000,000 BRITONS ENJOY WEEKEND.
NO EARTHQUAKE ANYWHERE THIS WEEK.
FLUFFY BUNNY HAS NORMAL DAY.
25,000 BLOKES CALLED MIKE HAVE NICE CUP OF TEA.

Now grip the reader's attention with 300 words and a picture on each.
Now do it every day for the rest of your career, pausing only to
convince the advertisers it'll sell to their target audience. (OK, I
grant you the last one's a bit of a shock, given that several of them
are journalists.)

Read all abaht it!

Mike (NUJ member).