Old 30-07-2005, 03:22 AM
[H]omer

Cherry wrote:
I think your pots are too small for your conifers

Yes, it is only *temporary* though.

Lovely garden by the way.

Thanks

However there are a few aspects of it that I am still very unhappy with:

The lawn is abysmal.
There is a massive crater where the front garden used to be (work in
progress).
The borders are untidy.
The roses need taming.
The water fountain needs de-algae-ising.
The Hawthorn tree needs a better support (the wind is terrifying round
here).
Many plants just don't belong in this climate (we brought them with us
from our last house, further south and more inland, and I haven't had
the heart to let them go, for sentimental reasons).
The patio needs weeding.
This year's hanging baskets (my first attempt) are a joke.
I've grown *far* to many lettuce, all in one go, and too close together.
IMHO the 'Mini-Greenhouse' was a waste of time, money and effort; either
that or I just don't understand how to make best use of a greenhouse.
The loss-rate of the summer annuals (that I bought mail order) is
greater than 50%

Overall, it's been a very expensive education.

--
[H]omer

Problem with cats in your garden?
Try this: http://img169.exs.cx/img169/6382/kitten8va.jpg