Old 30-07-2005, 08:54 AM
Mike

"Sally Holmes" wrote in message
o.uk...

I planted some huge planters with a cottage-gardeny mix of tomatoes,
heartease, pot marigolds, nasturtiums and other stuff.

It's filled the planter, the tomatoes have set and everything's fine,

except
that the marigolds and nasturtiums have got a mega-infestation of

blackfly.
I have little hope of knocking them out using a contact spray as I

couldn't
get to every affected stem: is there a systemic I could use that wouldn't
linger on in the tomatoes?

I reckon the tomatoes are at least 2 - 3 weeks off ripening, so it'll have
time to disperse.

--
Sally Holmes
Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England

Sally on a couple of occasions now when we have had heavy infestations of
blackfly, 'as if by magic' either or both Hoverfly and/or Ladybirds appear
and swipe them out. We were very heavily covered on the Runner Beans, but
overnight, magic:-))

Mike