Old 30-07-2005, 02:05 PM
Tim Tompkins

It sounds like they aren't getting enough water.

Containers frequently require watering daily during the hot weather of
summer.

Tim

"Melissa" wrote in message
. 97.142...
We live in the Denver area.

I got some bare root rose bushes from Jackson Perkins about a
month ago, and planted them. Most are doing ok, but a couple have
this problem where the leaves are turning a dark brownish color
and then get crackly and die.

http://dim.com/~melissa/photos/Roses...%207-29-05.JPG

I put them in 2' tall 2' wide planters made of old highway guard
rails and the planters get pretty hot, but I put in a drip water
system. I'm not sure if some of them just aren't getting enough
water or if this is a bug or disease.

I usually also put fine cedar mulch around them but haven't
gotten to it yet. I started doing some tonight. That usually
keeps out a lot of what eats them ( I also use coffee grounds )
and keeps the water in the soil more. I need to finish that over
the weekend.

Does anyone have any idea what this is?

--
Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.