Old 30-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Robert

"Sally Holmes" wrote in message
o.uk...
:
: I planted some huge planters with a cottage-gardeny mix of tomatoes,
: heartease, pot marigolds, nasturtiums and other stuff.
:
: It's filled the planter, the tomatoes have set and everything's fine,
except
: that the marigolds and nasturtiums have got a mega-infestation of
blackfly.
: I have little hope of knocking them out using a contact spray as I
couldn't
: get to every affected stem: is there a systemic I could use that wouldn't
: linger on in the tomatoes?
:
: I reckon the tomatoes are at least 2 - 3 weeks off ripening, so it'll have
: time to disperse.
:
: --
: Sally Holmes
: Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England

If you squash a good few of them they seem to die out pretty quickly