Old 31-07-2005, 02:36 AM
Melissa

"Tim Tompkins" wrote :

As previous posters mentioned, bare root plants take a bit
more to get started.

They are tender, due to being in cold storage prior to
shipping and they have very little in the way of a root
system.

Feeding with a MILD food is appropriate as well as removing
any buds. The plant needs to put energy into establishing a
root system.

Ok.

In Colorado, I'm in Loveland, you MUST plant with the
graft/bud union below soil level to have a chance of surviving
the winter.

Actually I've found that I have to plant with the crown above
soil, otherwise they don't do well, then I mound them high with
cedar mulch in the fall to protect the crowns.

BTW, the Denver Rose Society annual rose show is Sunday August
7th at the Denver Botanical Garden Center, open to the public
at 12:30pm. Tim

Is it indoors or out? My friend is on drugs where she can't be in
full sun.