Old 30-07-2005, 11:09 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Lots of us have gone for veggie filters. Have you the room to put one
or more in? Ours on the berm have bottom drains. Easy flush...open a
2" port. You could put a submersible on the bottom of your pond and
push the water up a pipe to a berm and falls. You could pretty much
hide the pipe by letting algae grow on it. We have no mechanical
filtration beyond the roots of many plants. If you could lay a veggie
filter alongside your pond, it would look like a grass bed...20" up as well.

People have gone to burried barrels...lots of hassle cleaning.

I wish I had a really good idea for you. Maybe someone else will.

Jim

DC wrote:
I've done some searching around and I've found various biological
filtration systems available and I was hoping for some recommendations
for a 1000 Gallon pond that WILL have a 1200-1800 GPH pump. It needs
to be external and small / and/or buriable. Preferrably one of the all
in one that's not heinously expensive. Probably looking at something
pressurized and either with a backflush mechanism or cleanable media.
(Preferrably backflush, for obvious reasons.)

Unfortunately, I don't have a bottom drain, so that's going to screw
with the asthetics as the pond is built up about 20" high around the
edges in a circle. (If anyone has any bright ideas on hiding all the
power / tubing, I'd love to hear that too. ;-)

Also looking for recommendations for on-line vendors, etc. I was
impressed with what PondPetsUSA.com has to offer, I was hoping to get
some more information before I leap off a cliff and buy the wrong
thing.

Any help you can lend would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

DC