Old 31-07-2005, 02:01 AM
Richard Holub

The way I see it...there should be no chemicals added into anu pond for any
reason. The right size filter in the right size pond should work just fine.
What is it with the uv sterilizers???
Rich
"moe" wrote in message
ups.com...
Well I hope I have found somewhere that I can get some serious answers
a lot of places either won't answer you or tell you off. My problem I
have a small 500 gallon pond that is only 2 feet deep. I have a 650
gallon pump in it. This pond is in direct sun and my water of course is
staying green. On this small of a pond which has no fish btw... is a UV
Sterilizer Bio Filter really needed or are there chemicals to clear up
my problem? I had a few goldfish in there until we added algaefix,
afterwards within a day the fish were dead.