Old 30-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Pam Moore

On 30 Jul 2005 19:48:07 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article ,
Harold Walker wrote:

I can grow what I like, eat what I like, etc. What did you think I
meant? Not many people grow marigolds as a crop!

One never knows that which lurks in the minds of ladies these days.....as if
any male did anyway

That's true, but I have grown marigolds as a crop, too. SURELY
you know what to do with them? Eer, ooh and all that.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Now for today's lesson! Marigolds are a rich source of LUTEIN which is
an antioxidant that has benefits for eye, skin and cardiovascular
health. It is found also in dark green leafy vegetables, fruit, corn
and egg yolks. I add the petals to my meals in summer to try to
preserve my remaining vision. I also put some in the freezer to add to
stews etc. It's not proven but I'll try anything that might help.
Hence also my quest earlier for collard greens, which are now being
decimated by pigeons and caterpillars!

Pam in Bristol