Old 31-07-2005, 07:51 AM
sherwindu

Another possibility is wind stress. Long exposure to strong winds can suck the
moisture quickly out of a tree. A young tree like yours, with a shallow root system
will not have the water reserves to replace this lost moisture. Solution: create a
wind break, or move the tree to a more protected spot.

Sherwin D.

Gntry wrote:

I have a weeping cherry that was planted last month. The leaves are curling
up and are turned underside up..isn't there an old wives tale about when
it's going to rain, the leaves turn over? It's well watered, daily, I just
can't understand why the leaves are curling. Any ideas?