Old 31-07-2005, 02:23 PM
DigitalVinyl

Martin McCaffery wrote:

Any suggestions short of rat poison or a shotgun to keep the squirrels
from pillaging my tomatoes?

Keep water out for them and birds. they are thirsty and know the ripe
ones are juicy. You might want to colocate some nuts/seeds and water
toghether somewhere to try to train them to find the water. Locate a
couple of spots and find which one they go after more. Keeps a higher
one for birds. They will peck out the water too.

I had a light-weight rubber pail that collects water from the
downspouts. I kept finding it turned on its side. I think the local
skunk was tipping it over to drink the water.
DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
3rd year gardener
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalf...=/2055&.src=ph