Old 31-07-2005, 09:38 AM
[H]omer

mutley wrote:

I have a Stihl HS85 hedgecutter which starts OK and runs strongly, it does
the work but tends to stall if left to idle. Then it won't restart. I've had
the plug out and it does seem a bit oily (after failing to restart) but not
at all carbonised.

Dirty carb or air filter(s) or both.
Bad/wrong oil mix.
Empty the tank and clean the whole thing. See your local garage for the
correct cleaning fluids (soapy water for the air filters). While you're
there get fresh 2-stroke and check the proportions (usually 50:1 - but
you *will* need to know for sure).

Then again, maybe something's just worked loose - again the mech. at the
garage might help.

--
[H]omer

Problem with cats in your garden?