Old 31-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message

I've read pre-war papers and reprints of some, but post-war. And that
would be WWII.

Which means of course you are still a 'youngster' Rusty, by my standards
anyway cos I read 'em before that war...still remember our Sunday morning
treat when dad brought us breakfast in bed plus the newspaper to
read...back
then I believe it was the News of The world.....H

I don't remember reading newspapers until after the war. I took (rather,
was given) the Children's Newspaper, and occasionally glanced at the Ole
Man's Daily Telegraph. (I don't think he was best pleased when I got
into crosswords, and when he was stumped, used to finish them for
him...)

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/