Old 31-07-2005, 12:37 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message k
from "Sally Holmes" contains these words:

Thanks for all the replies.

No miraculous swarm of ladybirds have appeared. I suspect they've got lost,
along with the plague of frogs that have so far failed to descend upon my
garden to feast upon Slimey and Slimey-in-a-house. I hope they're enjoying
themselves, wherever they are, but I can't keep the buffet waiting for them
any longer.

Squishing them - ah, no, thanks. I have no problem with worms, beetles and
spiders, but I can't deal with squishing blackfly. Besides, there are so
many stems, I'd never get them all.

Provado - well, I do have some left from a previous run-in with the dreaded
vine weevil. I'll give it a go.

If you have a fairly powerful spray gun - one of the pump-up ones from a
garden shop/centre is ideal, put warm water and washing-up liquid in,
and set the spray to rather coarse, and blast them off with that.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/