Old 31-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Pam Moore

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:10:10 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

There's a seedling of a tree I'd like to put a name to.

I collected the seeds under its parent, which is growing in Norwich.

The tree looks a little like an ash, with a very regular bark on a tall,
straight trunk - possibly fifty feet, and growing.

The seeds are more like big elm seeds than ash at first sight, with the
seed in the middle of the long membrane of thin translucent green
material. They grow in clusters like ash keys.

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/mystree.jpg

Next time I'm there I'll take a pic of the parent tree too.

Oh, my runners, grown just how they shouldn't be - they only get the
afternoon sun and are planted on only about six inches of admittedly
well-fertilised soil, at:

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/beans4.jpg

For some reason it will not load for me. Maybe others will have the
same problem.

Pam in Bristol