Old 31-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Dwayne

If you are going to have an abundance of pumpkins, you wont mind trying
this. I pick them while they are small enough that the seeds have not
formed, and still green. Then I wash and slice them, roll them in flour and
fry them.

They are all good, but the sugar pumpkins might be sweeter. They all have
the good pumpkin flavor. One of my favorites is to take a smallish sugar
pumpkin, cut around the stem to take the top off and hollow it out. Then I
fill it with a mixture of fried potatoes, onions, and hamburger. Then I
bake it for an hour or hour and a quarter, before taking it out and eating.
The wife makes pumpkin bread, pumpkin cake and the world famous, pumpkin
pie. You might get onto the internet and type in pumpkin recipes.

Dwayne

"choco" wrote in message
oups.com...
I know all about gerkhins,courgettes etc being smaller verions of other
fruits but can we eat younger pumpkin fruits?
are there varieties that are better than others for this?
Just a thought.

Chris nr Bristol