Old 31-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Disciple

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:11:06 +0100, David Sim wrote:

Morning all

I'm building a part raised pond - 9' x 6' - hole is dug to 4' & I'm planning
on raising the dges by another 20" or so using railway sleepers. I think new
ones will be better, cleaner & easier to use, but does anyone have any
thoughts on securing them to the ground.

snipped - for full text see David's post above

Like Andy said their weight will pretty much hold them. However if you
really want to make sure they do not shift in any direction go to your
local building/concrete supply store and pick up some rebar, what is used
in poured concrete walls to add strength. The length should extend into the
ground probably the height of the above ground wall, in your case and words
"20" or so". Drill an equal size hole in the sleeper and pound it through.
I would suggest one in each corner where one side over laps the other sides
previous course, this will give the corners added stability. As for the
runs along each side, do what you are comfortable with or ask the people
where you are getting the sleepers.

--
Disciple - Team Z
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Gal.5:25