Old 31-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message
Reel Mckoi wrote:

Anyone.... my Tetra Typhoon 500 gph water pump wore out the shaft that
runs through the impeller. I Googled Tetra and got nowhere. Are they
still USA based in MD? I'm at a loss to find this Co. to order a
replacement shaft. I bought the pump at PetsMart a few years ago, but
they are no help at all - the man didn't even know what I was talking
about. :-(

I don't want to toss a perfectly good pump because of a shaft pin!

Shaft or shaft pin??

$$ The ceramic shaft pin.

If it is a shaft pin and it is a roll pin, any
good auto parts store will have what you need.

$$ Thanks! I never would have though of that. The impeller shaft spins on
this pin. What do these pins do in an automobile? What are they for?
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b