Old 31-07-2005, 07:42 PM
Mark and Kim Smith

Reel Mckoi wrote:

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message

Reel Mckoi wrote:

Anyone.... my Tetra Typhoon 500 gph water pump wore out the shaft
that runs through the impeller. I Googled Tetra and got nowhere.
Are they still USA based in MD? I'm at a loss to find this Co. to
order a replacement shaft. I bought the pump at PetsMart a few years
ago, but they are no help at all - the man didn't even know what I
was talking about. :-(

I don't want to toss a perfectly good pump because of a shaft pin!

Shaft or shaft pin??

$$ The ceramic shaft pin.

If it is a shaft pin and it is a roll pin, any

good auto parts store will have what you need.

$$ Thanks! I never would have though of that. The impeller shaft
spins on this pin. What do these pins do in an automobile? What are
they for?

We might be talking about two different things. Roll pins are rolled
steel, gives them a little bit a "spring". Typically they would be put
through a hole in a shaft to hold an impeller. Like a "T".

http://www.barnhillbolt.com/acb26/he...&MenuCode=MAIN

They would be used to hold the drive gear on a GM distributor amongst
other things. Last time I used one was to install a large yellow knob
on a PP1 valve. That is a truck air brake valve. Typically, auto parts
stores will have a drawer with a selection of these pins.