Old 31-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Harold Walker

Still leaves me cold Mike...I must admit I do not understand what you
mean....I am using Outlook Express.....everything from top to bottom of the
'stuff' below is in black except for mike lyle

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Mike Lyle wrote:
Harold Walker wrote:
Harold, how do you do that? I use the invaluable Quotefix with

OE,
and your messages often appear in the same colour, and with the

same
marks as the one you're replying to. I've tried to do it

myself,
just for info, but I can't. It's your business, but reading would

be
a lot easier this end if it didn't happen -- somebody the other

day
even thought you hadn't sent a message at all, I think because of
it.

...ah, I've worked it out. It's a Gg thing, right? ...But I could
only get it to happen if I started a reply before the end of the
quoted text, which you don't seem to have done above.

--
Mike.
Must admit Mike I just type in a message and you get what I

OK, so how does this appear on your screen? What I've got is
against the message of mine you replied to, _and_ against your

reply.
Normally, the further back in the thread a message was sent, the

more
things it has to the left: every time there's a reply, another

gets added. They are both displayed in the same colour, while
QuoteFix puts separate messages in different colours.

Your message also says "Harold Walker wrote" what was actually
written by me. It doesn't happen to confuse me, as I know what I
said; but it could throw anybody else.

Anybody out there know what's happening?

Dash! Sorry: I forgot that putting those carets-on-their-sides in my
message would trigger the quotation signals. Sorry. But I hope
readers can still see what I meant.

--
Mike.