Old 26-11-2002, 09:16 PM
Hussein M.

Default OT Was [ hey you lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:30:06 +0000, sacha
wrote:

in article , Martin & Anna Sykes at
wrote on 26/11/02 12:17 pm:

Fair enough. It doesn't bother me too much anyway as I just don't read them
if the subject is OT.
while and just found out it's now about killing trees with copper nails.

Aw shucks. What's all this then? Missed that ..not that I have a tree
to kill.

Actually this follow up is not for that inane remark because it's a
bit of an experiment. I changed the subject line and want to see how a
news reader threads it.

OK, you internet buffs probably know already, but just in case I write
a follow up which is a little off topic, or on topic but veered
somewhat off the original subject line, I thought this may be a way of
warning people.

Respect

Hussein

Mostly, this does happen. But it just goes to show that if someone decides
to skip a thread, it's at 'their own risk'. It just isn't possible
or perhaps, desirable, to 'discipline' a newsgroup that much. That way
moderation lies. ;-) OTOH, the copper nails theory has surfaced on this
group so many times that it would be hard to count them but if the idea
interests you, a Google search would find it in a nanosecond, I should
think!