Old 31-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Harold Walker

Finally Mike see what you mean....will call Comcast (the server)early in the
morning....as you probably realise as I do now that anything above "Still
leaves me cold" was not typed in by me....can readily see where it is bluddy
confusing...am also going to send another with typing below your message but
with quite a bit of space to see what comes out.......H

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message

"Harold Walker" wrote in message
Still leaves me cold Mike...I must admit I do not understand what

you
mean....I am using Outlook Express.....everything from top to

bottom of the
'stuff' below is in black except for mike lyle

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Mike Lyle wrote:
Harold Walker wrote:
Harold, how do you do that? I use the invaluable Quotefix with
OE,
and your messages often appear in the same colour, and with

the
same
marks as the one you're replying to. I've tried to do it
myself,
just for info, but I can't. It's your business, but reading

would
be
a lot easier this end if it didn't happen -- somebody the

other
day
even thought you hadn't sent a message at all, I think because

of
it.

...ah, I've worked it out. It's a Gg thing, right? ...But I

could
only get it to happen if I started a reply before the end of

the
quoted text, which you don't seem to have done above.

--
Mike.
Must admit Mike I just type in a message and you get what I

OK, so how does this appear on your screen? What I've got is
against the message of mine you replied to, _and_ against your
reply.
Normally, the further back in the thread a message was sent, the
more
things it has to the left: every time there's a reply, another

gets added. They are both displayed in the same colour, while
QuoteFix puts separate messages in different colours.

Your message also says "Harold Walker wrote" what was actually
written by me. It doesn't happen to confuse me, as I know what I
said; but it could throw anybody else.

Anybody out there know what's happening?

Dash! Sorry: I forgot that putting those carets-on-their-sides in

my
message would trigger the quotation signals. Sorry. But I hope
readers can still see what I meant.

--
Mike.

OK, here I go in vanilla OE, without QuoteFix. (QF is available free
or for an optional donation at:
http://jump.to/outlook-quotefix )

I still don't get the display style you have. I really do hope
somebody else will recognise the symptoms. (I've left in some
quotation indicators below to see if that has an effect on what
appears in the group.)

--
Mike.