Old 01-08-2005, 07:43 AM
Kay

In article , nambucca
writes
So, does anyone know what the flower is?
And can anyone tell me if my rose bush will regrow after being pruned
back to just a couple of inches of stalk with no leaves?

Yes. They have a strong will to live

Only problem is that most rose trees are grafted. If the cut is very
low, then you may only have the rootstock left, and what will grow back
is some species of wild rose (what you would normally recognise as a
sucker). If the cut is a bit higher, so you still have the bottom inch
or so of a number of stems, you are likely to get regrowth of the rose
itself.
--
Kay