Old 01-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Gail Futoran

"Cheryl and Rob" wrote in message
news:lvnHe.2510$%a2.1413@trndny03...
I wish I could do that. I am using Outlook Express only because I don't
know of anything else.

I have OE and you can block newsgroups. Try this:
On the menu bar (New Post/Reply Group/Reply/etc.)
go to Tools
then Message Rules
then News
then New
then 1. where the message is on specified newsgroup
then 2. delete

Alternatively, you can go to Message,
then Create Rule from Message and
proceed as above.
(the Tools route is good for modifying
something you established earlier).

Try it, see if it helps. I've been blocking specific
posters from other groups but I might try to block
newsgroups. You can also block subject lines but I
find that dangerous since once you block specific
words you do it on all newsgroups. There are some
newsgroups where I don't mind reading *some* of
this stuff! Just NOT in rec.ponds .

BTW, if you simply want to block a poster in
OE, go to Message then Block Sender. That
can get rid of a lot of the off topic messages.

Gail