Old 01-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Roy

All a RCD is, is a circuit breaker or fuse.......and yes it owuld be
prudent to have the hookup to a circuit breaker of the GFCI
type.....Actualy if you already have power out to your pond now, I
hope you have such a device in use.....Its russian roulette without
one around water.

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:36:04 +0100, "Will James"
wrote:

===Hi
=== I am thinking of getting one of the standard three way weather proof
===switchs to control my lights/pump/water feature etc. However, on the
===instructions for my Hozelock pump it states a residual current device (RCD)
===must be used. I can't see any mention of a RCD being included on any of
===these switches, so do I need a separate RCD and if so where would I attach
===it, the external cable is currently linked to a fused switch inside the
===house.
===
===Thanks,
===