Old 01-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

Harold, how do you do that? I use the invaluable Quotefix with OE,
and your messages often appear in the same colour, and with the same
marks as the one you're replying to. I've tried to do it myself,

just for info, but I can't. It's your business, but reading would be
a lot easier this end if it didn't happen %%% somebody the other day
even thought you hadn't sent a message at all, I think because of it.

...ah, I've worked it out. It's a Gg thing, right? ...But I could
only get it to happen if I started a reply before the end of the
quoted text, which you don't seem to have done above.

%%%
Mike.
Must admit Mike I just type in a message and you get what I type...do not
know what I am doing that would make it tough to read...H

Well, that, for a start.

You've left in the complete sig, separator and all (which your
newsreader should strip out if it's half a newsreader). If I were to
just hit 'follow-up' to reply to one of these posts, everything you'd
added would disappear, being below the sig, so every nearly post of
yours I have to edit to reply to.

And you've typed your message (God only knows how) on reply chevrons so
it appears as follows:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

...ah, I've worked it out. It's a Gg thing, right? ...But I could
only get it to happen if I started a reply before the end of the
quoted text, which you don't seem to have done above.

%%%
Mike.
Must admit Mike I just type in a message and you get what I type...do not
know what I am doing that would make it tough to read...H

Some time ago I mentioned that you were sending messages with no added
content - I was wrong - you send the content but it *LOOKS* as if there
is only quoted text, so they get deleted unread.

Also, your messages don't have an attribution, so it's difficult to know
to whom you are replying.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/