Old 01-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Bob Hobden

"haplocom" wrote
I'm so glad I tripped over this website- my new favorite!

Website??? It's a Newsgroup, part of Usenet, the original part of the
internet. Gardenbanter just use this newsgroup sometimes but don't tell
anyone what we are and that you can deal directly.

If you are using Outlook Express as a Mail Reader then, when online, go to
"Tools" and click "Newsgroups" it will then look for all newsgroups on your
ISP's server, probably 30,000 or more so it can take a while. You can then
search for the interesting ones amongst those, go to them and have a look,
and subscribe (it's free) to any that interest you. Then when you click to
open the files on OE, near the top on the left, your newsgroups will appear
underneath "Inbox", "Deleted Items" etc, and you just have to click on them
to download all the latest messages, replies, and post your own.