Old 01-08-2005, 01:42 PM
Emrys Davies

"JB" wrote in message
Could anyone suggest any treatments for grey mould. My normal approach
is to simply cut out the affected parts of plants but in the last two
weeks of cold damp weather I have found that my greenhouse won't open
up automatically and even with the door left open there isn't enough
ventilation to keep the grey mould down all of which means that
cutting out the affect parts of plants is a little drastic.

e.g. If I see grey mould trying to establish itself on the main stem
of a tomato plant is there any treatment I could use to selectively
treat that part before it becomes too established?

TIA

These sites http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.co.uk/greymould.htm
http://www.hortnet.co.nz/publication...9002.htm#E28E3

tell you all you need to know, I think. They certainly tell you why you
have your problem, how to prevent it and how to treat it.

I am wondering whether you are also growing cucumbers in your
greenhouse, with all the extra humidity which they require.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.