Old 01-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Will James

Hello Roy,
thanks for your response. We do currently have a high quality
weatherproof 2xsocket with a RCD (with a trst + reset switch) by the pond
but we are getting some pond lights and need more than 2 inputs - I can't
find any multi-switch with hardwiring (as opposed to sockets) that has a RCD
built in, so unless anyone knows of one it looks like I'll have to somehow
replace the switch which is inside the house with a socket, then attach a
plug to the wire coming from the pond, then plug that into one of the small
RCDs that will then plug into the new socket?

Will
"Roy" wrote in message
All a RCD is, is a circuit breaker or fuse.......and yes it owuld be
prudent to have the hookup to a circuit breaker of the GFCI
type.....Actualy if you already have power out to your pond now, I
hope you have such a device in use.....Its russian roulette without
one around water.

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:36:04 +0100, "Will James"
wrote:

===Hi
=== I am thinking of getting one of the standard three way weather

proof
===switchs to control my lights/pump/water feature etc. However, on the
===instructions for my Hozelock pump it states a residual current

device (RCD)
===must be used. I can't see any mention of a RCD being included on any

of
===these switches, so do I need a separate RCD and if so where would I

attach
===it, the external cable is currently linked to a fused switch inside

the
===house.
===
===Thanks,